Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The 13th Reality, Book 1: The Journal of Curious Letters

The 13th Reality: Book 1: The Journal of Curious Letters by James Dashner
Atticus Higginbottom (Tick to all who know him) is smart, well-adjusted and something of a loner at school, preferring his family, the library and the Internet to his classmates. So he's surprised to receive a letter postmarked in Macadamia, Alaska, from someone he's never even heard of. But he's intrigued and makes a commitment to join with his correspondent to "save many lives."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed this book from beginning to end. I think it is a fun read and the story to be unpredictable.
My two favorites characters were the nerdy yet loveable Tick and his relationship with his father, and the evil Mistress Jane, who loves everything yellow.
I thought the clues in the letters to be fun to try and solve, and I liked how some came through the mail and others were brought by different characters in the story.
I thought the teamwork that was involved between Tick, Sophia, Paul and Sato was great, although the last two characters did not have much background in the story and I felt I didn't know them as much as I would have liked.


I found the web site

http://www.the13threality.com/

which is also fun to poke around in.

I am giving this book a 4 1/2 stars.

librarycat said...

This book was fast paced and fun to read-it was a challenge to figure out the clues in the letters that Tick received. ****